Todays post is a little bit of a different one, as I am going to be sharing with you one of my favourite recipes. I made these blondies over easter weekend and everyone loved them! You can adapt and change this recipe also really easily, which makes it great for people with things such as nut allergies. This recipe is one from Cupcake Jemma on YouTube, she is one of my all time loves on YouTube, and I seriously suggest you check her out! I have written the ingredients in UK and US measurements also 🙂
You will need:
- 170g unsalted butter or 3/4 cup
- 100g dried cranberries or 1/2 of a cup (you can also used 100g or 2/3 cup of roasted macadamia nuts or 100g or 2/3 cup extra chocolate)
- 200g or just over 1 cup of chocolate, I used 100g milk and 100g white, but you can use whichever!
- 280g or 1 1/2 cups of light soft brown sugar
- 225g or just under 2 cups of plain flour
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp of salt
- 2 large free range eggs
- 1tbsp vanila extract
- Splash of milk (if needed)
First things first, prepare everything! I also like to have the sink full of hot soapy water ready, and its the best tip I can give you.
- Preheat the oven to 170°c.
- Firstly, you want to melt the butter on a very low heat until it starts to boil. After this keep stirring it with a wooden spoon to avoid it catching. When the butter become a golden brown colour its ready! If it looks like it has little burnt bits floating in it then don’t worry its perfect.
- After doing this, you want to leave it to cool for around 15 minutes, and while that is happening, sift your dry ingredients (flour, baking powder and salt) into a bowl.
- Next, combine the melted butter and sugar, and using a hand whisk, mix together until its combined and there are no huge lumps of pure sugar.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract to this, and mix again until its a smooth consistency and paler in colour.
- Add the dry ingredients and fold in until its combined.
7. Add your chocolate and nuts/cranberries or whatever you are using!
8. I found at this point my mixture was a little stiff so I added a splash of milk.
9. Place in a greased and lined baking tray and bake for 28-35 mins. They should be a little bit wet in the middle still.
10. Take out and leave to cool!
Let me know if you enjoyed this recipe and want to see more!